Sergiev Posad: Private Trip to the Pearl of the Golden Ring
Pickup includedYour guide will pick you up in the lobby of your hotel.
- Visit the UNESCO Heritage Site Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius
- Enjoy a personalized tour in a private car with a private knowlegeable guide
- Drink holy water from the holy spring in the Lavra of St. Sergius
- Explore a local market and try local products made in the monastery
- Have lunch in a colorful and traditional Russian restaurant
Your private guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel in the morning and invite you to a lovely day trip to this ancient town. On the way you will enjoy a beautiful view of the Russian countryside, with your personal guide telling you the history of Russia.
The Golden Ring city of Sergiev Posad was founded in the 14th century, it is home to one of the largest and historically most important monasteries in Russia, and some of the country’s most famous painters lived and worked here, including notorious Andrey Rublev, the most renowned Medieval icon painter.
You will also see the unique architectural ensemble of the monastery including the white stoned Trinity Cathedral, a masterpiece of Russian architecture and one of the oldest buildings preserved in the monastery. In addition you will visit the majestic Assumption Cathedral which was created by order of Tsar Ivan the Terrible. This monastery is an absolute must-see for those interested in Russian history, culture, religion and architecture. After having lunch in a traditional Russian cuisine restaurant, you can explore the local market before you head back to Moscow.
- Pick up and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Private guide
- Entrance fees to the monastery of the Holy Trinity and St. Sergius