Alternative Moscow 2-Hour Walking Tour
- Visit St. John's hill, a quiet place in the city center with a pre-revolutionary spirit
- Explore Khokhlovka, filled to the brim with Russian hipsters and street art
- Take a ride on a legendary ‘Annushka’ tram
- Discover Khitrovka, the most terrifying neighborhood of Moscow in the nineteenth century
- Walk the beautiful streets of Zamoskvorechie
On this mystical Moscow tour discover lots of spooky nighttime stories and experience ‘true’ Moscow nightlife.
Just a few minutes from Red square and St. Basil's cathedral, find yourself in a neighborhood full of mystery, urban legends and myths. Take a walk along St. John's hill, visit the ancient Ivanovsky Convent, discover the frightening secrets of Khitrovka and see how Moscow looked in the 19th century. After, take a tram to the historic district of Zamoskvorechye and listen to astonishing stories about ghosts, famous criminals and eccentric merchants, who once inhabited its streets. Your tour will end near the Tretyakov Gallery, in a district full of night cafes and bars — the best place to spend an unforgettable evening in Moscow.
If you want to understand the local culture, then experience it yourself. See Moscow off the beaten track.
- Tram ticket
When you get there
Go to Kitay-Gorod metro station, Purple Line #7, or Orange Line #6. Take the escalator up, not the stairs. Find the monument to Cyril and Methodius in the center of Slavyanskaya Square. Your guide will wait for you in front of this monument with a big red umbrella saying 'Moscow Free Tour'.Open in Google Maps ⟶