Bogotá: Half-Day City Tour
Pick-up servicePick-up at your hotel.
- Ride the cable car to the Monserrate Sanctuary and see Bogotá from above
- Stroll the cobblestone streets of La Candelaria, Bogotá's oldest neighborhood
- See art works by the contemporary artist Fernando Botero
- Learn about the social and historical dynamism that shaped Colombia at Plaza de Bolívar
- Admire one of the most important urban interventions by Rogelio Salmona at the Eje Ambiental
- Appreciate beautiful handicrafts at one of the city's artisan markets
Your first stop will be a visit through the picturesque cobblestone streets of La Candelaria in Bogotá's historic center, and visit the Botero Museum to see art by the eccentric contemporary artist Fernando Botero. Stop at the Chorro de Quevedo, where the diverse contrast of Bogotá's historic center will give you with a better understanding of Colombian history.
After the walking tour in La Candelaria, you will reach Plaza de Bolívar; the historical epicenter of Bogotá. Here you will find administrative and governmental buildings surrounding the main square of the Plaza, that have been icons of the historical processes carried out in our country. Here you will have the chance to enter the Prime Cathedral.
Finally, you will cross La Candelaria’s border by el Eje Ambiental, where you will become immersed in the most impressive collection of indigenous gold in the world at the Gold Museum. As you leave, you'll have the chance to shop at the handicrafts market at Parque Santander.
As an option, you can visit Monserrate Sanctuary, located within the imposing Eastern Hills of the city, at an altitude of 3,150 meters above sea level. Ascending to the top of the mountain on a cable car, you will reach the most notorious pilgrimage point of the city and perhaps the most incredible lookout spot in the capital below. This is the best spot to grasp the historical and spatial context of the city.
- Private transportation from and to your hotel
- Expert guide in the language of your preference (Spanish, English, Portuguese, French or German)
- Tickets to attractions visited
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activities
- Cable car ticket (Monserrate) is at extra charge. Please see the add-on of this tour.
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
• Please note that the Gold Museum is closed on Mondays. However, the itinerary can altered to visit another museum according to your group's interests. If there is another place of interest you'd like to include in the tour, please let your guide know in advance and they will be glad to include it for you