Caminito del Rey: Small Group Tour
- Walk along El Caminito del Ray, 100 meters above the Guadalhorce River
- Visit the Conde de Guadalhorce Dam, where your walking tour begins
- Marvel at the spectacular views of the Desfiladero de los Gaitanes Canyon
Once you have arrived at the Conde de Guadalhorce Dam, the main water reserve in the province of Malaga, your guide will explain you all about the history of the Natural Area of Desfiladero de los Gaitanes.
Find out how, the Gorge Desfiladero de los Gaitanes is a canyon, carved by the River Guadalhorce, placed in the center of the province. The northern access to it is via Guadalhorce reservoirs and the southern is via El Chorro. The construction of a water channel from the reservoirs in the north to El Chorro was carried out together with a path for maintaining the channel. This one is known as El Caminito del Rey (The King’s Little Pathway) because King Alfonso XIII first opened it. This path, about 3 kilometers long, has stretched of less than 1 meter wide and it is hanging about 100 meters high above the Guadalhorce River. It has just been refurbished, and it goes along vertical walls and a footbridge over the gorge on the same waterway.
Once finished the breathtaking of El Caminito del Rey, your bus will take us to Álora, a little village on the surrounding of El Caminito del Rey. Enjoy a local products tasting session which will take place in a local restaurant. Sample products like almonds, oil, bread, wine, and olives.
After the tasting, if you take the lunch option, enjoy a local meal, if not, spend some free time exploring the village before heading back to Málaga where your trip will end.
- Air-conditioned motor coach transport
- Escort guide
- Local guide
- Admission to Caminito del Rey
- Travel insurance
- Local products tasting
- Lunch (If option selected)
- Other services not specified above
- Children under 8 years
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• The entrance is not suitable for children under 8 years old
• This path is not recommended for people with reduced mobility, or for people who might suffer from dizziness
• Bring water and some snacks with you
• There are no toilets along the path
• The tour may be canceled due to the bad weather