With a GetYourGuide Originals tour, you can enjoy complimentary rescheduling if you’re late or plans change, and a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied after taking your tour.
Unforgettable local guides
Led only by 5-star guides and local aficionados, you can expect intriguing insights, fun facts, and stories from the people who call your destination home.
A maximum of 20 people on your tour, which means you'll enjoy a more interactive, personalized experience.
Top sights (and hidden ones, too)
On an Originals tour, you'll discover lesser-known treasures that other visitors often miss, bringing you a deeper understanding of your destination.
Priority access — more time to explore
Long line? We'll show you how to skip it. Packed out sights? Follow us to the secret quiet spots. On Originals tours, you can explore in ways that others can't.
About this tour
Duration: 1.5 hours
Skip the line through a separate entrance
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Live tour guide
English, French, German
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
Select participants, date and language:
The Original experience
Skip the lines and discover Milan Cathedral
Access all areas, including the terraces and the archaeological site
Explore the Duomo Museum and San Gottardo Church on your own
Enjoy a 1.5-hour tour of the Milan Cathedral complex, including the terraces and the archaeological area beneath the cathedral. Discover the history of this famous monument with your expert guide. You’ll also have access to the Duomo Museum and San Gottardo Church.
Skip the lines and enter the cathedral. Admire this stunning example of Gothic architecture, and the artworks that decorate its interior. Continue to the rooftop terraces by elevator, for breathtaking views over the city. Then explore the archaeological area beneath the Duomo, where the ruins of the Baptistery of San Giovanni alle Fonti were found.
After your guided tour, you can visit the Duomo Museum and San Gottardo Church on your own.
Skip-the-line admission to Milan Cathedral
Audio guide and headset
Pass to access the Duomo Museum and San Gottardo Church
Milan Duomo gift pin
20% discount at the official bookshop
Not suitable for
People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
• Inside the museum at: 12 Piazza del Duomo, 20122 Milan
• Check in at the main desk that is straight ahead when you enter and has a red GetYourGuide sign or flag
• In case of adverse weather conditions, security, public order or other reasons, Milan Cathedral may change its opening hours, access methods, and visit durations
• In the unlikely event that the terraces are closed, the guided tour will include the Duomo Museum
• The Duomo Museum is closed on Wednesdays
• Please be prepared to go through airport-style security checks
• You will be entering a sacred place, shoulders and knees should be covered
• The staircase to reach the highest terrace is narrow
• The following items are not permitted inside the Cathedral: suitcases, large backpacks, bags, umbrellas, animals, glass or glass bottles, flammable objects, and weapons (including Swiss Army knives or firearms)
• You will need to bring a passport or ID Card to leave at the ticket office when borrowing an audio guide or headsets
An impressive and insightful tour guide showed everything about duomo and more. She was able to explain things well in both Italian and English foe everyone to understand what she was saying. The timing was perfect, you got to see everything without going too quickly. Will definitely be recommending others do the same tour!
January 12, 2020
Our tour group started late because we waited for a few stragglers and it was larger than I expected. Be aware that “small group” means 30 people. Also, if you go on Sunday morning, the apse is not available because of services In the church. However, i still rate the tour highly as Catia, our guide was excellent and we all had a radio receiver in order to hear her well at all times. It was not my first time in Milano and the Duomo but this tour was well worth joining.