From Marseille: A Taste of Aix-en-Provence and Cassis Tour
- Admire the rich architecture in Aix-en-Provence, 'A City of a Thousand Fontains'
- Stroll in a local open-air market to savor the Provençal fresh produce
- Enjoy tastings of local specialities
- Visit the majestic Notre-Dame de la Garde Basilica in Marseille
- Discover the charming fishermen's port of Cassis
Located approximately 19 miles (30 kilometers) from Marseille, Aix dates back to Roman times and has a beautiful wide promenade called the “Cours Mirabeau” lined with plane trees. See the amazing fountain of the Rotonde, as well as many cafés that were once frequented by Cezanne, Camus, Zola, and others.
The weekly market will give you the opportunity to savor the regional produce, including fresh cheese and olive oil, as well as scented Marseille soap.
Then, head to the village of Cassis, driving the Crest road and up to the highest maritime cliff in Europe, Cape Canaillto, for spectacular views of the Bay. Stroll the charming fishing port, where you can try thier famous Pastis (anis flavored liquor), before an optional 45-minute boat cruise through the breathtaking calanques (rocky, limestone inlets).
End your day with a panoramic tour of Marseille, including a stop at the Basilica of Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde, with its panoramic view of the city, Frioul Islands, and Château d'If. End at the 11th-century Abbey of Saint-Victor, guarding the entrance to the Vieux Port.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- Any other service or activity
- Calanques cruise ticket