Atlas Mountains and Agafay Desert Jeep Safari
Best Tours for Groups
2019 GetYourGuide Award Winner
Recognizing the best experiences for travelers worldwide. Learn more
Pickup includedYour hotel or riad in Marrakech
- Drive across the Agafay Desert on a 4x4 adventure
- Meet a Berber family and learn how to prepare a cup of mint tea
- Visit Imlil and take an optional hike to Armed village
- Enjoy a Berber tagine at lunch with a local family
The drive takes you first to the Agafay Desert, just south of Marrakech, where you’ll experience some dune bashing before continuing on to the Lalla Takerkoust region, making your first stop on the hills overlooking the lake.
From here you’ll begin a 4x4 adventure on dirt tracks rarely frequented by tourists and climb up to the Kik Plateau, where you’ll drive from village to village meeting locals, visiting Berber homes, and sampling their traditional mint tea and homemade bread.
When you arrive at Imlil Village, located in the heart of Toubkal National Park, you’ll have the option of hiking for an hour to Armed village or continue to the village by 4x4. The 1-hour hike with a local guide is of moderate difficulty.
In the village you’ll be served a Berber lamb tagine for lunch at a local home. You’ll also enjoy Moroccan salads and homemade bread during the meal.
After lunch and a short relaxation break, you’ll head down a gentle hill to Imlil village, where you’ll meet your driver for the 1-hour trip back to Marrakech via the Haouz plains.
- Transfer by modern air-conditioned Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4
- Berber house visit with mint tea
- Trekking in the Toubkal National Park with local guide (optional)
- 3-course Berber lunch with the locals
- Camel ride
- Speaking English/French driver
- Professional mountain trekking guide
- Small group tour
- All entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card