Marrakech to Merzouga 3-Day Desert Safari
Pick-up servicePick-up from your hotel or riad in Marrakech
- Discover the gates of the Sahara Desert at Ouarzazate
- Ride across the Erg Chebbi dunes on a camel
- Spend the night at a Bedouin camp
- See the famous Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou
- Drive across the High Atlas Mountains
- Take the back roads through the Dades Canyons
- Enjoy an authentic Moroccan dinner under the stars
Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Ben Haddou - Tinghir
After an early departure from the Marrakech hotel, your journey begins by crossing the High Atlas Mountains past one Berber village after another to the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Ben Haddou, famous for its Kasbah and fortified village, and previously used as a set for some famous Hollywood epics as well as a backdrop for some fashion magazines photo shoots. After some leisure time to explore the village with its Kasbah, enjoy lunch in a local restaurant, then continue your drive through Ouarzazate, known as the Gate of the Sahara and onto Boumalne Dades, admiring the scenic drive along the road to Tinghir, where you can enjoy dinner and an overnight stop.
Day 2: Tinghir - Todgha Gorges - Merzouga
Following breakfast, depart your hotel and drive to the dramatic Todgha Gorges, pausing for some free time to explore the canyons and enjoy lunch at a local café. Continue to Merzouga to meet your camel caravan. Then, experience the Erg Chebbi dunes on camelback and watch the sunset change the color of the sand. Reach your desert camp before nightfall and enjoy an authentic Moroccan dinner under the stars. Local nomads will provide the entertainment and show you how to play the Tam Tam drums. Enjoy dinner and an overnight stop.
Day 3: Merzouga Ouarzazate - Marrakech
Following an early wake up to watch the sunrise before breakfast (optional), ride your camel back to the main road. Your driver will be waiting to pick you up for the transfer back to Marrakech. Stop half-way for lunch in Ouarzazate.
You can also book upgrades for the night in the Bedouin camp as an optional extra. Upgrade to the deluxe desert camp with a luxury private tent complete with ensuite shower, bathroom facilities, and 5* amenities. These upgrades need to be booked per person.
- Pick-up from your hotel or riad in Marrakech
- Transportation by modern, air-conditioned minibus (17 seats)
- English / French-speaking driver/guide
- Overnight stay in Tinghir at Hotel Bougafer 4* (including dinner and breakfast)
- Camel trek in Erg Chebbi to watch the sunset and sunrise
- Overnight stay at "Auberge Sahara" desert camp at Erg Chebbi (including dinner and breakfast)
- Bedding at both accommodations
- Access to toilets and showers at both accommodations
- Private room (Hotel Dades) and private tent (camp)
- Local guides – in Kasbah Ait Ben Hddou, if you wish to hire a guide to escort you for a visit of the Kasbah (available for an extra charge)
- Tips to driver and any personal expenses
- Bottled water
When you get there
• Departures guaranteed every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of the week.
• Please note that the prices indicated for the available upgrades are per person. If you would like to book one or both upgrades please select the correct amount of people.
• You can hire a guide for the tour of the Kasbah, but this is optional and you can still enjoy a self-guided tour