Mallorca: Full Day Hike, Beach, & Picnic Lunch with a Local
- Hike a historic path in the beautiful Mallorca Mountains
- Discover beaches that only locals know about
- Enjoy a typical Mallorcan picnic lunch far off the tourist trail
- Visit charming seaside villages and see some amazing panoramic views
- Marvel at the Arabic influences of the Serra de Tramuntana
- Take a dip in the sea and laze in the sun
Meet on Plaza de España in Palma de Mallorca for the local bus transfer into the mountains of Mallorca’s west coast. Then, hike a historic path, once used by postmen to go from village to village. Learn about the native plants of the Mediterranean, and enjoy panoramic views from the mountaintop.
Discover the Arabic influences of the Serra de Tramuntana, and visit beauty spots that only the locals know about. The walk is fairly easy-going and along a marked trail. It will take approximately 3 hours (including stops), and includes elevations of 300 meters up and 400 meters downhill. Find a hidden beach far off the tourist trail. Laze in the sun and sea with the locals.
Feast on a typical Mallorcan lunch of empanadas and cocas de trampò. Taste some delicious desserts, such as ensaimada or agatò with almonds. In the summer months, you can work off the calories with a dip in the sea. In the winter, lie out in the sun and soak up the easy Mediterranean vibe.
Board a local bus in the afternoon for the return transfer to Palma, where you’re free to explore on your own.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Lunch with one drink (for example beer, orange juice or water)
- Local transportation fees
- Drinking water for the hike; bring at least 1.5 liters per person and more on hot days
Prepare for the activity
• Children under 6 years old go free of charge but you must advise when booking and it is recommended to bring a wearable baby carrier
• This tour involves a 10-kilometer walk in the mountains that takes approximately 3 hours including stops and has an elevation of 300 meters up and 400 meters down
Please wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes (it is compulsory to prevent any kind of foot or ankle accident).
• Being hydrated is very important
• Please bring at least 1.5 liters of water per person; in summer, 2 liters are recommended
• It is better to carry too much water than be thirsty halfway through
• Bring swimwear, a towel, sunscreen, a hat, and at least 1.5 liters of water
• Bring a snorkeling mask if you would like to see the sea life