Madrid: Tapas, Taverns and History Tour
- Get a true, authentic Madrid tapas experience
- See Madrid's main sites on a historic walking tour
- Visit 100-year-old family-run tapas bars
- Get a quick crash course on how to do tapas like a local
- Taste local wines and a special drink only the locals know about
Start your night off surrounded by locals as you sip vermouth and nibble on tapas in a historic tavern with connections to the Spanish Civil War. Discover here what going for tapas really means in Spain. Next up is a walk down to Madrid’s Royal Palace, where you’ll get a mini-lesson on how the city was founded. As you wander through the oldest parts of Madrid—the Habsburg neighborhood—you’ll discover some more of its hidden squares and secrets.
The next tapas bar is known for one thing—fantastic grilled mushrooms. While here, learn what most locals drink (hint: it’s not sangria) as you enjoy its famous mushrooms and Padrón peppers. At the third tapas bar, taste gambas al ajillo, a dish this family-run bar claims to have invented. You’ll also be able to order a glass of wine made from the same family’s vineyard in the Toro region.
Before heading to your last tapas stop of the evening, you’ll walk through another of Madrid’s iconic squares where your guide will bring to life stories from Madrid’s fairly recent past. Finally, squeeze into one of Madrid’s last remaining traditional tapas institutions: a no-frills place where locals pack in for favorite dishes (including the Madrid specialty, pig ear).
- Plenty of delicious tastes (enough for dinner)
- 3 local drinks
- Madrid Devouring guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (standard is 10-15%)
- Children under 13 years
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• This tour is not recommended for those with celiac disease or vegans.
• You must be 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol.
• Non-alcoholic beverages will be provided for children 13-17 years old.