Madrid in a Day: Early Entry Royal Palace & Prado Museum
- See all of the major highlights of Central Madrid in a single day
- Enter the Royal Palace a full hour before it opens to the general public
- Stroll the medieval streets of Central Madrid and learn the fascinating history of what was once the richest city in the world
- Taste tapas, wine, and olive oil in a local market
- Enjoy stunning views from a hidden roof terrace
- View beautiful monuments along the Paseo del Prado
- Experience the world-famous art collection in the Prado Museum with an expert guide
Leaving the palace, enter the Barrio de la Morería to learn about Madrid’s Muslim roots then enter the Mercado de la Cebada for a crash course in Spanish food culture. Your guide will take you to their favorite stall to taste wine, olive oils, and small plates and learn why the Spanish custom of tapas is one of the country’s most treasured institutions. Next, explore the medieval streets of central Madrid, stopping at the Plaza Mayor and the Puerta del Sol as your guide tells you story of how the city went from an outpost of a crumbling Moorish empire to the preeminent Catholic power in Europe. Then it’s time for a surprise: head to a rooftop terrace for jaw-dropping views over the entire city. From up there, your guide will show you points of interest and give you recommendations for lunch.
After your lunch break, your guide will take you on a stroll down Madrid’s most famous street, the Paseo del Prado, to experience and learn about its most iconic monuments, like the Cibeles Palace, Central Bank and the fountains of Neptune and Apollo.
Your stroll leads you to the steps of the Prado art museum, home to one of the greatest collections of European art in the world. Enter with skip-the-line tickets and enjoy a full tour of the museum’s highlights, including works by Tintoretto, Goya, Velazquez, El Greco, Bosch, and more. Your guide will tell you the stories behind the art and help you understand what makes each piece so celebrated. Your tour ends in the museum, where you can either spend more time enjoying the art or get recommendations for what to see, do and eat from your guide before heading off, safe in the knowledge that you have experienced the very best of the city in a single day.
- Early access to Palacio Real
- Tapas and 2 wine tastings
- Olive oil tasting
- Skip-the-Line entrance to Prado Museum
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Meeting Point - Morning: This tour meets at the statue of Isabel II, in the middle of Plaza de Isabel II, at the "OPERA" Metro station. Meeting Point - Afternoon: After lunch, this tour meets in front of the Circulo de Bellas Artes, Calle de Alcalá, 42. Please be there at 2:15 PM, for a prompt departure at 2:30 PM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour is given exclusively in English