Skip-the-Line Prado Museum Guided Tour
- Tour the galleries of the Prado Museum with an art-enthusiast guide
- Skip the lines and get priority entrance to the Prado Museum
- See masterpieces by Velázquez, Goya, Greco
- See The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch
- Admire Juan de Villanueva 18th-century building and city icon
The building was designed by architect Juan de Villanueva in 1785 to house the Natural History Cabinet, but its final purpose as the new Royal Museum of Paintings and Sculptures was orchestrated by King Ferdinand VII, opening to the public in November 1819.
The art collection increased significantly in the 16th century, and thrived under the Habsburg and Bourbon Monarchs. It is down to them that you can view some of the world’s great masterpieces such as “The Garden of Earthly Delights” by Bosch, El Greco’s “The Nobleman with His hand on His Chest,” and "Las Meninas", by Velázquez.
Explore in chronological order, starting with the masterpieces of Bosch, and continue through rooms devoted to Greco and Velázquez including paintings of drunkards and equestrian portraits. End with Goya’s portrait of the family of Carlos IV, and the masterful Third of May 1808.
- English- or Spanish-speaking official guide
- Entrance and guided tour of Prado Museum, ticket is valid for 1 day, until closing time
- Individual radio-guided system
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drink
Prepare for the activity
Tour departs from Madrid City Tour Information point at Calle Felipe IV, next to the Prado Museum. Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour departs, and present your printed voucher upon arrival.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• It is possible that some of the paintings mentioned in the description are not available for viewing, despite belonging to the permanent collections of the museum
• Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour