From Lviv: Half-Day Trip to Zhovkva & Krekhiv Monastery
Pickup includedPick-up from all Lviv hotels and apartments.
- Visit Zhovkva, located 25 kilometers north of Lviv, an architectural ensemble example of an 'ideal city”
- Discover Zhovkva Castle, St. Lawrence Catholic Church, the town hall and Vicheva Square
- Explore Krekhiv Monastery of St. Nicolas situated 13 kilometers from Zhovkva in secluded and magnificent forest
The history of the city is rich in historical events which has influenced not only Ukraine, but also all of Europe. At different times, illustrious figures such as Napoleon Bonaparte, B. Khmelnitsky and Peter I visited Zhovkva. Other noteworthy places of interest on the tour include the Defense Synagogue, St. Josaphat Church of Dominican Convent, Zvirynetska and the Glynska town gates.
During the second part of the tour, you will visit the Krekhiv Monastery of St. Nicolas situated 13 kilometers from Zhovkva in a secluded forest. You will appreciate the peaceful and light atmosphere of this place. The old monastery was founded in the 16th-century and you will find a holy spring with healing water there. A half-day tour of the Lviv region will provide you with pleasant impressions and enlighten you about the most significant events in the history of the region. When you return to Lviv, your driver will drop you off at your hotel.
- Professional guide service
- Transportation services along the route
- Pick-up service from the hotel
- Admission tickets to the castle
- Gratuities (optional)