Los Angeles: Hollywood Highlights Tour
- Explore the hidden corners of the legendary Hollywood Boulevard and see the iconic Hollywood Sign
- Stroll along the world-famous Hollywood Walk of Fame and spot your favorite stars
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour around the historic Roosevelt Hotel
- See where the Oscars’ red carpet is rolled out every year
Start your Hollywood Boulevard adventure with a stroll down the iconic Walk of Fame and learn how one of the most famous boulevards in the world came to be. From there, admire the Hollywood sign from a lookout bridge while hearing about the history of Hollywood, why filmmakers chose to set up shop in a small farming and ranching community, and how they managed to turn it into one of the most famous places in the world.
Next up is a visit to the Dolby Theatre, home of the Oscars. Make your way up the red-carpet staircase emblazoned with symbolic mosaic tiles, on the same route the stars have walked since 2002. From there, head to the TLC Chinese Theater (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theater). While admiring this quirky building, hear the story of Sid Grauman, the theater's founder, and check out the cement handprints, footprints, and signatures of more than 200 of the most influential people in Hollywood's history.
Make a stop at the historic Roosevelt Hotel, home to the first Oscars ceremony as well as a galaxy of stars who would stay at the hotel while they were in town. As you explore the hotel, hear stories of famous guests and tales of ghosts that stalk the hallways. Your tour ends at "The Four Ladies of Hollywood," an art deco-style sculpture that represents the diversity of women in Hollywood. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on what else to see and do in Los Angeles. There are lots more ways to experience old Hollywood, so be sure to ask for recommendations.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
Prepare for the activity
6815 Hollywood Blvd outside the Hollywood/Highland Metro station. Your tour guide will be holding an Urban Adventures sign. Visit www.metro.net for more info on public transport. For parking, check http://parkinginla.lacity.org/.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• Please carry a refillable bottle of water and re-usable bag for any purchases
• You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
• This is a child-friendly tour; children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed. Please select ‘child’ above when booking
• Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge; please inform the local partner at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6