Stratford-Upon-Avon Private Tour: Shakespeare Sites
Pick-up servicePick-up from hotels in London, the Southeast, or the Midlands by private car. If your hotel is in central London, an additional fee may apply to cover the cost of the London Congestion Charge
- See up to 5 properties associated with William Shakespeare in Stratford
- Visit Anne Hathaway's Cottage
- Walk through New Place and Nash House
- Learn about life on Mary Ardens Farm and see historical re-enactments
- Go to Shakespeare’s Birthplace on Henley Street
- Discover the birthplace of John Harvard
Following your pick-up in London, or points north to Stratford, travel by private car to the Warwickshire town on the banks of the River Avon. See Tudor era architecture and half-timbered houses as you explore up to 5 properties associated with the playwright.
Tours can be tailored to your precise requirements, allowing you to step back to the days of the Elizabethans and learn how the legacy of Shakespeare lives on today. Go to Anne Hathaway’s thatch roof cottage, and the walled gardens of Hall’s Croft, where Shakespeare’s daughter lived.
See the Swan Theatre, built for the Royal Shakespeare Company in 1986. Visit Shakespeare’s Birthplace on Henley Street, and discover a walled garden planted with herbs and flowers common to Shakespeare’s time.
Stratford is also the birthplace of John Harvard, founder of Harvard University, and a visit to his home can be requested. A complimentary packed lunch and hot and cold drinks are included, and all tours are leisurely paced and only completed once you're happy you've seen everything that you want to.
- Transportation by private car
- Entrance fees
- Visit to Shakespeare's grave
- Hot and cold drinks, and light snacks
- Other food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Pick-up from Watford Junction Station, or any other station in north London. Pick-ups can also be arranged for any point between London and Stratford-upon-Avon, or in Stratford-upon-Avon itselfOpen in Google Maps ⟶