London by Afternoon & Jack the Ripper Evening Tour
- Visit St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tower of London
- See the magnificent Crown Jewels
- Investigate London's darkest secrets with a world-renowned storyteller and see where Jack the Ripper found his victims
- Visit a traditional London pub
- Cruise along The Thames after your tour
- Sample fish and chips form an authentic restaurant
Climb up 259 steps and come to The Whispering Gallery, which runs around the interior of the Dome. It gets its name from a charming quirk in its construction, which makes a whisper against its walls audible on the opposite side.
Next head to The Tower of London. Founded by William the Conqueror in 1066-7 and enlarged by successive sovereigns, the Tower of London is one of the world's best known and most spectacular fortresses.
Over the past 1000 years it has been a royal palace, an armory and a place of imprisonment and execution. The Beefeaters who guard the Tower will regale you with stories of its past. See the Crown Jewels, including the magnificent solid-gold crown used at the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, the enormous Cullinan diamonds and the extraordinary Koh-i-Noor.
Take a River Cruise from Tower Pier to Westminster Pier and admire key landmarks from the river including London Eye, The Shard and Houses of Parliament. From Westminster, take a short walk to Trafalgar Square where you will board the coach for your evening tour.
This fascinating coach and walking tour takes you into the heart of Whitechapel to investigate key locations in the most infamous crime story of all time. Learn about the key suspects and their possible motives. Live the story and study the evidence as you decide - who was Jack The Ripper?
You'll also uncover ghostly tales in the heart of the Capital. See the Old Bailey, the site of numerous public hangings and drive along Fleet Street, home of Sweeney Todd, the demon barber of Fleet Street and his accomplice, Mrs Lovett, who was said to have baked pies from the flesh of his victims, selling them to unsuspecting customers.
Enjoy a complimentary sample of fish and chips from one of London's authentic restaurants as you continue your walking tour.
- Admission to St. Paul's Cathedral
- Admission to the Tower of London
- Walking tour with expert Ripperologist
- Personal audio headset
- Free Wi-Fi
- Thames river cruise (after your tour)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Children under 16 years
Prepare for the activity
• On Sundays and during special events, St. Paul's Cathedral is closed to visitors. As an alternative, the tour will stop for photographs at St. Paul's Cathedral and spend more time at the Tower of London or visit the Banqueting House
• This is a combination coach/walking tour and will finish at a traditional pub near Trafalgar Square
• The tour is not suitable for anyone under the age of 16 years
• There will be time between the 2 tours to grab a quick bite to eat