London: British Museum Small Group Tour
- Enjoy an informative and entertaining tour of the British Museum
- Discover the oldest public museum in the world with an expert local guide
- Explore all the highlights of the British Museum, including the Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon Marbles, and the Easter Island statues
- Get a better understanding of mankind's history
Join your expert local guide at the Starbucks Coffee outside the British Museum. At the beginning of your tour, learn about the life of the British Museum's founder, Sir Hans Sloane. Find out about his passion for collecting objects from around the world, and hear how he gave his collection of over 70,000 items by the time of his death in 1753 to King George II for the nation's learning and enjoyment.
Continue your visit by exploring the Rosetta Stone, and listen to your guide's insightful information about this granodiorite stele and its importance for deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphs. Next, follow your guide to other iconic artifacts, such as the towering Easter Island statues, the medieval Lewis chessmen pieces, the detailed marble carvings that originally lined the temple of the Parthenon, the Ancient Egyptian Nebamun paintings, and the controversial Roman Warren Silver Cup from 15 A.D.
As you examine the highlights of the British Museum, travel back in time with your expert guide's commentary and get a picture of ancient societies that left their mark on history. By the end of your visit, not only will you have seen the museum's main attractions, but you will also have a better understanding of the origins of our world and our evolution.
- Expert local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
Your British Museum Tour starts at Starbucks Coffee in front of the British Museum (51 Great Russell St, Holborn, London WC1B 3BA). Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before your tour starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour is wheelchair accessible
• This tour accommodates a maximum of 8 people per group
• While the tour usually includes the sites and stories mentioned and lasts about 2.5 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group
• Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before your tour starts