Hampton Court Palace: River Thames Bike Tour
- Cycle along the leafy bike paths of the River Thames in southwest London
- See the remains of 16th-century Richmond Palace and the 17th-century Ham House
- Bike to the royal residence of the Tudor King Henry VIII
- Enjoy a picnic in the old hunting grounds of the royals
- Visit an 800-year-old food market
- Watch the boats passing through Teddington Lock
Meet your guide at Richmond Train Station to get set up with the comfortable, easy to ride bikes and helmets (if required). Then, pedal off along leafy riverside paths, passing pubs and rowing schools en route.
See the remains of the 16th-century Richmond Palace, home of English monarchs for 150 years. Bike past the 17th-century Ham House, which boasts links to King Charles I. Watch the boats pass through Teddington Lock. Then, stroll around an 800-year-old market to grab a snack to enjoy in historic hunting ground full of deer.
You will reach Hampton Court Palace by about 13:00-13:30, where your guide will help you purchase entrance tickets. You can also buy them online in advance if you want to avoid the lines. Your guide will arrange for your bikes to be collected, leaving you free to enjoy Hampton Court Palace at leisure.
- Bike hire (with helmet on request)
- Bottled water
- Transportation to and from the meeting and end point
- Entrance fee to Hampton Court Palace
Prepare for the activity
Meet at Richmond Train Station, London TW9 (Zone 4) You can take the District Line on the London Underground or a mainline train from London Waterloo (journey time approximately 20 minutes). Your guide will be waiting upstairs inside the ticket office by the WH Smiths shopOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• This tour runs on Thursdays during the summer. However, it is possible to book the tour for your group on other days if available
• Help with luggage and accommodation transfers is offered if you want to stay at Hampton Court Palace after your tour- consider our full day ride instead
to enjoy the 2nd largest Royal Park of London and an afternoon tea picnic too!
• Advance booking is essential in order to reserve bikes
• No refund on cancellations made within 72 hours, however dates can be changed but subject to a charge.
• Child seat, tag along, and child bikes are available on advance request for this ride and charged at discounted price GBP 35 per child
• Children MUST wear helmets, which can be provided with proper notification (> 72 hours needed)
• This private tour price includes tour and bike hire for 1-4 people