From LLoret de Mar: Full-Day Trip to Montserrat
Pickup includedPlease be ready at one of the pickup point locations 10 minutes before your pickup time.
- Marvel at breathtaking views of the multi-peaked Montserrat mountain
- Take a funicular train ride up to the Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey
- Enjoy some free time to explore one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Catalonia
- View the celebrated Virgin of Montserrat statue, known as La Moreneta
- See the Escolania de Montserrat, one of the oldest boys' choirs in Europe
Set off from Lloret de Mar in the direction of the Montserrat mountain range, located near Barcelona in the natural environment of Catalonia. Upon arrival, enjoy an informative audiovisual about Montserrat. Admire Montserrat's unique jagged features, multiple peaks, serrated edges, and spectacular rock formations.
Next, visit the Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey — a pilgrimage site due to the abbey's celebrated statue, the Virgin of Montserrat —by riding a zip train up the mountain. Delight in wonderful views of the mountain range, and explore the Benedictine monastery that was founded in the 11th century. See the monks who still inhabit the monastery to this day, and discover one of the oldest boys’ choirs in Europe, the Escolania de Monserrat.
- Official English, French, and Spanish-speaking guide.
- Funicular ride
- Roundtrip transport to and from Lloret de Mar
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags