From Llandudno: Full Day Snowdonia & the Three Castles Tour
- Visit two UNESCO Sites and the beautiful villages surrounding them
- Take in the natural wonders and beautiful views of Snowdonia National Park
- Learn about local history, heritage, and culture, as well as long-lasting myths and legends
Start your day with a drive on the Great Orme Road, with spectacular views of cliffs, wildlife, and the Irish Sea and Anglesey. Your first stop may just be the highlight of your day: take a tour of the ancient Conwy Town and Castle. Walk the castle walls, stroll along the Conwy estuary, see some old Tudor houses, and take in traditional Welsh art and craft shops. In town, you’ll also see the finest surviving town house of the Elizabethan era to be found anywhere in Britain, as well as Great Britain’s smallest house.
Then, drive into the glacial Nant Ffrancon Pass and Ogwen Valley in the heart of Snowdonia National Park, where you’ll take in views of the lakes, mountain villages, and the towering Snowdonia mountain range. Here, your guide will share with you some local history, Welsh myths, and legends along the way.
After lunch at the National Slate Museum, visit Dolbadarn Castle and Llanberis, overlooking Padarn Lake. Stop at the lakeside and take in views of a beautiful sculpture of King Arthur’s sword, Excalibur.
Finally, visit Caernarfon Castle and take a walk around this UNESCO World Heritage Site. A brute of a fortress, its immense strength remains undimmed. History comes alive here along its lofty walls, twin-towered gatehouse, and the surrounding town’s narrow and colorful streets.
- Local guide
- Transportation by minibus
- Snacks and refreshments
- Caernarfon castle entry fees
- Conwy Castle and Plas Mawr entry fees
- Smallest House in Great Britain entry fees
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Opposite the blue main entrance gate to Llandudno Pier is a bus stop/pull-in area and pickup point. There are signs for the vintage marine drive bus, and the red hop-on hop-off bus at this stop. You will also see a mini roundabout to your left.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Luggage or large bags
- Alcohol and drugs
• Entrance fees to Caernarfon castle: Adult £9.90 / Child £6 / Senior £8 / under 5 free
• Entrance fees to Conwy Castle and Plas Mawr (combined): Adult £12.50 / Child £6 / Senior £8 / under 5 free
• Entrance to the Smallest House in Great Britain: £2
• A child seat is required for under guests under 3-years-old, an additional cost of £15 will be payable on the day. Please contact the local operator in advance of the tour to arrange this