Lisbon: Riverside Light Bicycle Tour in Dutch
- Get an overall perspective of Lisbon and surroundings in a few hours and in an active way
- Learn about some of the of UNESCO Heritage Monuments of Belém, before making your way along the river Tagus to the center of Lisbon
- Taste some delicious Portuguese delicacies
- Get insider tips about Lisbon from our local guides
Afterwards, let yourself be embraced by the unique light of Lisbon which is reflected in the water of the Tagus. Enjoy a truly relaxing ride, as you cycle along the river until you reach the downtown area of Lisbon.
Upon arriving in downtown Lisbon, stop in the oldest café in town, where you will taste one of the most delicious Portuguese pastries: a Pastel de Nata. Here, you will also have an opportunity to have a drink or use the restroom.
Then, you will proceed to explore the downtown Lisbon, avoiding hills for a gentle, easy ride. Here, you will taste another surprise Portuguese delicacy!
Stop at the most interesting and meaningful points in town picked out by your guide who will tell you about what’s around, the city's history and culture, ins, outs and surroundings. This tour lasts about 3 hours and stretches for about 10 km. This means you can enjoy a slow pace with enough time to enjoy the panoramic views and city highlights.
Finish your tour in downtown Lisbon, by the river, close to the metro station. Your guide will give you suggestions on how to return to your lodging or, better yet, some nice places around to have delicious food. After the tour, you will have a great overview of Lisbon and can continue to explore its warmth and secrets!
- Bicycle and helmet
- Speciality drink and pastry
Prepare for the activity
We meet in Belém: next to the Altis Belém Hotel & Spa, by the parking lot. When facing the river, look for our bikes on the left side of the hotel. To get to Belém from Lisbon, you may take the train from Cais do Sodré or the tram 15E.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Please note that:
• On Mondays, most of the museums in Portugal are closed
• On Sundays, the oldest café of Lisbon is closed and instead we will choose another good spot
This tour is suitable for children. We have (upon request at the time of booking):
• Child seats (1 to 3 years old and up to 22 kgs)
• Tag-a-longs with 20” wheel bikes for children from 4 to 6 years old
• 24” wheel bikes for children from 7 to 9 years old