From Lisbon: Kayak Trip to Arrabida Park
- Marvel at the ancient limestone cliffs and rock formations around Sesimbra
- Paddle your kayak through narrow tunnels and passages along the coastline
- Visit one of the most beautiful beaches along the coast and enjoy a delicious lunch
Learn about these incredible rock formations as you go. Over 18 million years old, the Arrábida limestone cliffs and the incredible calcarium landscape they form are the basis for the word "California," for which the U.S. state is named. With this landscape as your background, journey up the coast, marveling at the numerous pristine beaches tucked away in coves at the base of the cliffs. Spot caves and rocky passages as your guide regales you with local lore.
Arrive at Ribeiro do Cavalo beach, awash in beautiful colors and hidden away in a narrow cove with picturesque rock formations. Enjoy the delicious local lunch that awaits you at the beach. Hop in the turquoise sea to cool off and use the diving masks provided by your guide to check out the underwater life.
- Pickup and drop off at a central point in Lisbon
- All kayaking equipment
- Picnic lunch on the beach
- Wetsuits depending on the weather
- Alcoholic drinks
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
We will meet at Time Out Market (Mercado da Ribeira) at Cais do Sodré, in Lisbon. Meeting point will the main entrance of the market facing south towards the river and the train station. On location, the guise will have a Meira Pro Center sign so you can easily find him/her.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Sun hat
- Alcohol and drugs