Lisbon: Experience Alfama the Old Quarter Walking Tour
- Join a small group walking tour to discover Alfama
- Enjoy the company of a specialist local guide to to get acquainted with Portugal’s history in an efficient way organized professionally
- Visit São Jorge Castle and Miradouro das Portas do Sol
- Learn about the Moorish influence in Alfama
- Walk through Lisbon Cathedral and savor the Fado culture
Learn why Alfama is also home to some spectacular and significant churches and cathedrals. Visit Romanesque Sao Jorge Cathedral with its twin castellated bell towers, the Igreja de Santa Engrácia-Panteão Nacional which is one of the most recognizable buildings in the Alfama skyline, and the Igreja de São Vicente de Fora, admired for its spectacular Baroque canopy over the altar.
Then, See the Jewish memorial and find about the Massacre in Lisbon with its consequences in the city. Explore the Roman theatre museum with an insight into the roots of Lisbon. Enjoy the views from Lisbon Castle and the Baixa district.
Observe the excellent museums that provide cultural division and walk thorough Lisbon’s biggest flea market. Enjoy some of the best views in Lisbon from lofty squares such as the Miradouro Largo das Portas do Sol, it was once the entrance gates to the old city. Learn about such key themes as Moorish rule and influence, Lisbon’s working class, and of course Fado music and culture along the way.
- Small-group tour of max 12 people or private tour (depending on option chosen)
- Professional art historian guide
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Admission tickets for the listed sites
Prepare for the activity
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Not wheelchair accessible