Lisbon: Brave Foodies Tapas Challenge Tour
- Eat different food specialities
- Get a“Brave Foodie” diploma
- Enjoy a guided tour in Mouraria
- Meet true Lisbon locals
You probably read more than 100 times about “Cod-Fish” in your Lisbon Guide Book, once you have tried it, it’s time for the next step into Portuguese gastronomy. You will not be taken to a fancy restaurant, for that you have your guide book. The purpose of this tour is to let you try the most “weird” and surprising dishes of Portuguese cuisine. From Liver, Pork’s ears, Cow’s hoof, Rooster bloody Rice, Chicken feet, Pork rinds, snails, guts, and testicles you will be surprised how creative Portuguese gastronomy can be.
Besides the promising combination of ingredients, there are some fusion dishes fruit of the ex-colonies, full of stories that your guides will be happy to share. Drinking will be part of the digestion process once you tried the “Burning Water” or água ardente.
Go to one of the most authentic Lisbon neighborhoods, still quite preserved from the tourist invasion where you will meet the local and enjoy quality food and drinks.
If you think you are a brave foodie, welcome aboard. If you survive till the end and eat all the specialties your guides suggest, you will receive your very own “Brave Foodie” diploma.
This tour is based on fresh ingredients which need to be ordered specially for you. Please book at least 3 days in advance of the tour date.
- Different types of "Petiscos" or "Portuguese Tapas", the number of dishes (minimum 4) will vary according to the number of people on the tour, so the more the merrier
- Limited drinks
- Extra drinks
- Children under 18 years
Prepare for the activity
Reception of Lisbon Destination Hostel, Ross Train Station, 2nd floor, Largo Duque do Cadaval, Lisbon. Inside the station, go to the 2nd floor, the hostel is in front of the train ticket office.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Comfortable shoes are recommended as a considerable amount of walking is involved.
• This tour is not recommended for individuals with reduced mobility.
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough people to run the tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.