From Hanoi: Lan Ha and Ha Long Bay Day Cruise
Pickup includedWe offer free pick up at hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter and nearby areas. Pick up time is from 7:30AM to 8:15AM.
- Enjoying a seven hour cruise in the tranquil waters of Lan Ha and Ha Long Bays
- Savor a gourmet lunch with a range of options available
- Boat into the hidden Dark and Bright Caves, admiring the flora and fauna
- Ride under karst columns on a traditional sampan boat rowed by a local
At Got Harbor, relax in the waiting lounge and enjoy a welcome drink as the crew presents the itinerary for your 7-8 hour cruise. Once on board, dig in to a delicious multi-choice lunch in the elegant dining room as the ship sets sail. Admire some of the bay’s most famous islets as you cruise, including Da Chong and the 100-year-old French lighthouse left behind after the colonial era.
Stop at the Dark and Bright Caves, two beautiful wet cave systems rich in marine life and lush vegetation. Their entry obscured by hanging orchids and fig trees, the caves are less touristy than other spots in the bay. Either kayak in on your own or have a local row you on a sampan boat through the long, silent tunnel of the Dark Cave to the light open space of the Bright Cave. Emerge at a hidden lake enclosed on all sides by streaked cliffs and tree-topped peaks. Passengers with keen eyes may be able to spot Cat Ba langurs, an endangered species of monkey that has sought sanctuary in the forested mountainsides of the Bright Cave.
Back on board, relax on one of two sundecks and take in the phenomenal sights of unbounded nature on all sides, perhaps with a drink from the bar. Later in the afternoon, attend a cooking class and fruit-carving demonstration put on by several talented chefs, followed by a Western-style afternoon tea with accompanying snacks.
On the way back to the harbor, go for a swim in the clean waters of Lan Ha Bay, enjoying the quiet surroundings. Arrive at Got Harbor just in time to catch a beautiful sunset over Lan Ha Bay. After a day full of exploring, get dropped off back at your accommodation in the Hanoi Old Quarter.
- Luxury shuttle bus from Hanoi to Got Harbour and back with complimentary bottled water
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees and sightseeing tickets
- Seven hour cruise
- Kayaking/sampan boat
- Cooking class
- Personal expenses
- Pickup/drop off outside Hanoi Old Quarter
- All other services not mentioned in the itinerary