From Prague: Half-Day to Kutná Hora & Bone Church with Lunch
Pickup optionalPlease wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- Explore Sedlec Ossuary, selected by National Geographic as among the 10 strangest places in the world
- Admire one of the most beautiful late Gothic cathedrals in Europe
- Walk through the intact streets of a medieval royal city
- Enjoy a 3-course tasting menu complete with wine or beer
The day begins with pickup from your accommodation or a central meeting point in Prague. Drive in a comfortable, air-conditioned car approximately 1 hour to the first stop in Sedlec. A suburb of Kutná Hora, Sedlec is home to the early Gothic cathedral Assumption of Our Lady and St. John the Baptist. Destroyed in the 15th century during the Hussite Wars, the cathedral was beautifully rebuilt in the Baroque-Gothic style by Jan Blažej Santini in the 18th century.
See the famous Kutná Hora ostensorium, standing at almost a meter high and made of five kilograms of pure silver. Admire the beautiful Baroque paintings and frescoes by Peter Brandl and the holy relics of St. Felix and St. Vincent in Baroque glass coffins.
Continue to the Sedlec Ossuary, where the remains of over 45,000 people have been preserved since the 16th century. Marvel at the underground Chapel of All Saints, decorated with objects made of human bones and skulls. Recently, this ossuary was selected by National Geographic Magazine as among the 10 strangest places in the world.
Next, stop to admire one of the most beautiful late Gothic cathedrals in Europe, the famous St. Barbara Cathedral. The masterpiece of the architects Matyáš Rejsk and Benedikt Ried is an example of exquisite Gothic architecture.
After a morning of touring, enjoy lunch in one of the best restaurants in Kutná Hora, located in a unique 17th-century house. Taste traditional Czech soup or an appetizer, and savor a Czech favorite as the main course. Enjoy your meal with fresh beer from the tank or Moravian wines.
The last item on the agenda will be a short walk through the city of Kutná Hora. Return to Prague between 3 PM and 4 PM.
- Entrance fee to St. Barbara's Cathedral
- Entrance to the Sedlec Ossuary
- Entrance to the Assumption of Our Lady Cathedral
- 3-course tasting menu with a drink
- Light refreshments during the journey
- WiFi on board
- Extra food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (available upon request for 8 EUR each way)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet the local guide inside the bistro "Hezky Česky", they will be holding a map with the company logo. To avoid delays, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the activity.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Flash photography
• Pickup and drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee of 8 EUR each way, payable in cash or at checkout
• Trip and tour stops are liable to change slightly to reflect the season, vendorsʼ opening hours, and availability, but the full volume of each tour will always be kept