Ephesus: Private Shore Excursion from Kusadasi or Izmir
Pickup optionalYour hotel in Kusadasi
- Stroll down marble streets that date back more than 2,000 years
- Follow in the footsteps of the Romans and Ionians of Ephesus and admire their temples and art
- Visit the house where the Virgin Mary is said to have spent her final days
- Admire the columns and statues of the Celcius Library
- See the Greek Temple of Artemis, one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World
- Go to the Basilica of St John, built over the site where John the Apostle was buried
You will also visit the small House of the Virgin Mary, where it is thought she spent her final days after St. John brought her to Ephesus following the death of Jesus. Located on Mount Bulbuldagi (Koressos), it’s a popular pilgrim site for Christians and Muslims and boasts a captivating, spiritual atmosphere.
Once inside the grounds of Ephesus, wander among the ruins with your guide to see sites such as the Odeon Theatre, which could seat up to 1,400 spectators in its day. Admire the beautiful Roman statues and decorations carved into marble slabs at the Pollio Fountain. Other highlights include the Celcius Library, completed by the Romans in 117AD. The building has the most awe-inspiring façade, with columns, statues, and intact windows.
Finally, explore the Greek Temple of Artemis, one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, and go to the Basilica of St John (Kusadasi departures only), constructed by Justinian I over the burial site of the Apostle John.
- Entrance fees
- Private transportation
- Private guide
- Pick-up and drop off
- Parking fees
- Tips and personal expenses
- Drinks at lunch
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at Kusadasi Port. Walk out of the customs building, and you'll see your guide holding a board with your name on it. Please be aware that cruise days are busy, so make sure that you have the operator's emergency number with you in case you have trouble location your guide and need to contact themOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour requires a minimum of 2 hours walking. Wear comfortable shoes, a hat, and sun cream, and bring an umbrella (for sun or rain depending on the season)
• Bring your camera, but please note that tripods are not allowed at Ephesus
• There is no obligation to cover your head or shoulders in Ephesus. You may wear shorts and T-shirts in summer. For the House of the Virgin Mary a pashmina will be adequate cover
• Discounts are available for children under 11 years old. Please bring their passports or ID card to show upon entering the museum and attractions. If you don’t have ID, they may be charged full adult price