Kusadasi: Best of Ephesus Shore Excursion Tour
- Avoid the crowds with a private tour
- Explore the most popular places of the region
- Hear in-depth stories behind the art from your expert guide
- Discover lesser-known works that visitors often miss in group tours
Your tour will begin with the House of the Virgin Mary, where the mother of Jesus Christ spent her final years. Pope Paul VI visited the shrine in 1967, and "unofficially" confirmed its authenticity. Pope John Paul II also visited the shrine in 1979, and Pope Benedict XVI visited this shrine in 2006. While they visited, they provided some gifts for the shrine, which you can see during your visit.
Next up you will visit the UNESCO listed Ancient City of Ephesus, one of the best-kept Greco-Roman ancient cities in the world. This city is famous for Odeon, where old music concerts were organized, and the Domitian Temple which is one of the first temples dedicated to a human. Afterwards, you will visit the Temple of Artemis. Artemis was a Greek goddess (the virginal huntress and twin of Apollo), who replaced Selene as the Goddess of the Moon. At the conclusion of the tour, you will have some time to explore some local goods, and between 3:00PM and 4:00PM, you will be dropped back to the Kusadasi Cruise Port.
- Licensed tour guide
- Luxury, new model Mercedes Minivan
- Private tour and transportation
- All taxes
- Parking fees
- Lunch (optional)
- Entrance fees to the museums (around 15-20€ per person)
Prepare for the activity
• If you are taking this tour as a shore excursion, your return to the ship is guaranteed to be timely