Ephesus: Small Group History Tour with Local Guide
- Uncover the wonders of ancient civilizations with an in-depth tour of Ephesus
- Stroll the historic Curetes Way, visit the Arch of Hercules, and get the perfect photo at the Library of Celsus
- Test out the acoustics at the ancient Theater of Ephesus
- Visit with locals and enjoy a delicious lunch and good conversation
- Learn how to make the perfect cup of Turkish coffee
The tour will continue to the Library of Celsus, expertly designed to hold and protect the 12,000 or so parchment scrolls before the great fire of 252 destroyed them. It’s also arguably the most photogenic spot in the city. You’ll also visit what’s perhaps the most imposing structure of the city: the ancient theater, said to have held up to 25,000 people. The acoustics there are so good that even today there are still concerts performed on her stately stage.
Whether you are in Ephesus for just a day or travelling in Turkey for longer, no visit to these shores is complete without experiencing the world-famous food and hospitality of the Turks. So what better way to experience this then with a visit with locals, while enjoying some good food and good conversation. You’ll even learn how make the perfect cup of rich, thick Turkish coffee.
You will be back in the center of Kusadasi or Selcuk at 2.30pm, with plenty of time to take a walk around the city on your own, be sure to ask your local guide for recommendations of other things to explore!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entry fees
- Air-conditioned transport
- Tea and coffee
- Extra entry fees
- Extra drinks
- Tips or gratuities for your local guide
Prepare for the activity
From Kusadasi Port (pick-up at 8.00am): Once you exit customs, you will find a representative holding an Urban Adventures sign with your name on it. If you cannot find the representative, please ask Port information services to contact our emergency number: +90 532 641 2822 . From Selcuk at Ephesus Museum (meet at 9.15am): Please wait in front of the Ephesus Museum for your tour guide. There is a tea garden outside the entrance, and your tour guide will collect you from there.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Closure of sites: In the case of unexpected closure of any site, a full refund will be offered and/or alternative options suggested for your tour
• This is a child-friendly tour: children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour
• Most dietary requirements can be catered to, please inform at the time of booking if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions