From Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour
Pick-up serviceRoundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Krakow hotels. Please arrange pick-up from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. You are required to wait at the reception 5 minutes before your scheduled pick-up time. If you are interested in complementary hotel pick-up, please make sure to contact the tour operator no later than 24 hours prior to your tour. If you do not require hotel pick-up, or your hotel cannot be serviced, you must make your own way to the main tour departure point.
- Walk down 360 steps and visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Marvel at chapels carved into walls
- Visit a surreal underground world with caverns and lakes
You will visit the largest of the chapels, dedicated to St Kinga, the patron saint of salt miners. This subterranean church is richly decorated with chandeliers, sculptures, and religious figures carved out of salt.
As you follow the 2 1/2-kilometre walk, you'll pass statues dating back to the 18th century depicting mythical, historical and religious figures.
The last stop in the mine is the souvenir shop and snack bar. From here, the lift carries you back to the surface.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (selected centrally located Krakow hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Elevator ride to the ground level on exit
- Local live guide
- Tour escort/host
- Entrance ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink (unless specified)
Prepare for the activity
Central meeting point in Krakow is located at the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, situated on the opposite side of the Sheraton Grand Hotel. Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled time of departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Infants must sit on laps
• Wieliczka Salt Mine tour is not recommended for participants with walking disabilities (there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start) and for participants with claustrophobia
• The guided walk through Wieliczka Salt Mine consists of 20 monumental chambers joined by 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometers) of pathways. Visitors entering the Wieliczka Salt Mine descend a 380-step staircase to Level 1 (64 meters below ground level). This walk is not strenuous and can be undertaken in ordinary footwear, however you are asked to consider the walk and 380-step staircase when booking this tour. The return to the surface will be by lift up the Danilowicz Shaft, from Level 3 (135 meters below ground level)
• The temperature in the Wieliczka Salt Mine, though constant is low (14C or 57F). That is why even in summer, warm clothes should be worn