Wieliczka Salt Mine Skip-the-Line Ticket for Miners’ Route
- Gain skip-the-line entry to one of the oldest salt mines listed on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List
- Face the challenge and carry out tasks assigned by the "Steiger"
- Walk the trail, located far off the busy tourist route, which allows you to discover the inner workings of the mine
The adventure starts with your receiving of the protective clothing and equipment. Once everyone is looking the part as a real miner, the journey begins. You will descend into the darkness by use of the oldest existing mine shaft "The Regis", and soon afterward receive tasks assigned to you by your guide. Be prepared to dig the salt and measure the contraction of methane, each task has to be carried out carefully with the foreman ready to evaluate your work.
The route leads through a dizzying network of tunnels which are held in place by thick, wooden beams. The visit is an active expedition and requires increased physical effort, with novice miners having to crawl from one chamber to another. The Miners’ Route allows direct access to a one-of-a-kind mining site containing medieval pits of unique value. During the tour your professional guide will help you to discover the secrets of mining traditions and rituals. Your tour ends with an award ceremony which officially allows the participants to label themselves "miners".
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets for the Miner's Route
- Protective coverall and mining equipment (a lamp, a POG, absorber and a helmet)
- Supervision of a professional guide.
- Waterproof shoes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
When you get there
Discover Cracow Information Point next to Wieliczka Salt Mine, ul. Edwarda Dembowskiego 7, Wieliczka. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time. Your voucher cannot be redeemed at the ticket office. Please present the voucher to a tour representative.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The visit is an active expedition and requires increased physical effort
• The trail is not connected with the tourist route and associated chambers
• It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, as part of the route may be covered by mud
• The temperature in the mine is constant (about 14 degrees Celsius), so warm clothing is recommended, even in summer