Kraków Underground Museum Guided Tour
- Visit Kraków Underground Museum located under The Main Market Square
- Get familiar with turbulent history of Medieval Kraków
- Enjoy narrations from a live licensed professional guide
- Walk between the stone and brick walls of the cellars of former trading sites
- See medieval tools, historical coins, clay figures, and multimedia presentations
The exhibition presents the municipal history of Kraków but also highlights the connections and contributions that the city developed in the past centuries. Learn about how the Market Square had always been a place of trade where the citizens would do the shopping as well as purchase goods from the farthest nooks of Europe. Marvel at artifacts recovered during the excavations, which support the theory of Kraków as a place where many European trade routes intersected.
The experts at The Historical Museum of the City of Kraków have reconstructed many elements that had existed in this area for centuries, such as the local architecture burned down the Mongol invasion, as well as an old smithy and a goldsmith’s workshop. The exhibition also displays details of medieval burial practices and various everyday items.
This tour is enriched with many multimedia presentations, including architectural holograms, AR technology, archeological games, and projections. One of them is projected on the fog screen through which one can enter the museum. You will also find a well-equipped playroom and a mechanical theatre, showing the legend of ancient Kraków which caters for young visitors.
- Entry tickets
- Live guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- People with claustrophobia
Prepare for the activity
Please meet your Guide in front of the entrance to Underground Museum (Podziemia Rynku. Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa) Rynek Główny 1, 31-042 Kraków, located on the Main Market Square in front of the Cloth Hall.Open in Google Maps ⟶