Krakow: Tyniec Monastery Electric Bike Trip
- Experience the joy of cycling without the sweaty effort on an electric bike
- Appreciate picturesque views along the Vistula River
- Explore the Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec, and see how the monks live
- Visit a beautiful baroque chapel inside the cloister
- Take refreshments with wonderful vistas of the surrounding areas
Meet your guide outside Hotel Maltański, and test your electric bike in the safety of the car park. Once you've got the hang of it, join the cycle path alongside the Vistula River, a perfect environment for electric bike first-timers.
Leaving Wawel Castle behind you, pedal south towards Tyniec Monastery on this popular local route. Take in the scenery along the Vistula River, which runs the entire length of Poland, and pass by interesting sites like the Olympic kayak center and training ground.
Stop at the Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec, and appreciate the views of the surrounding areas. Home to the religious order since 1044, the castle-like abbey sits majestically on a limestone cliff above the Vistula River, and its monks invite you to come and experience their monastic life.
Explore the church interiors, and learn about the abbey's history with your guide. Visit the museum and baroque chapel, and browse for souvenirs in the small shop of Benedictine products. Take a break in the café, and support the monks by enjoying a relaxing coffee with views over the river. The tour ends after the ride back to the original meeting point.
- Electric bike
- Food and drinks (available to purchase at the monastery)
- Museum entrance (available to purchase at the monastery)
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide on the street outside the Hotel Maltański, Straszewskiego 14, 31-101 Kraków, Poland. The bikes will be set up and tested in the car park next to the hotel before setting off on the trip.Open in Google Maps ⟶