Krakow: Full-Day Divine Mercy & Nowa Huta District
Pick-up servicePick-up is from your hotel (if your hotel is not centrally located in Krakow, there might be an extra charge).
- Visit Divine Mercy Shrine and St. Faustina’s Tomb
- Celebrate Holy Mass in the Divine Mercy Sanctuary and 3 O'Clock Chaplet
- Visit historical Nowa Huta district and Arka Pana Church
- Admire a classical music concert in the evening
Leave after lunch for Nowa Huta. You will be taken for a drive around in this ex-Socialist quarter of Krakow. After Poland was liberated and occupied by the Soviet Union the communists built the largest European steel mill called Nowa Huta (New Steel Mill) from 1949 to 1955. The new district was built around Plac Centralny (Central Square) and Aleja Róż (Alley of Roses). Visit the Lord’s Ark Church - built between 1967 and 1977, Nowa Huta’s first house of worship, pieced together brick by brick by volunteer workers with no assistance from the communist authorities. The complete opposite of what Nowa Huta was meant to stand for, the Lord's Ark (Arka Pana) is a remarkable building and a true symbol of the Polish belief in Catholicism.
Later, visit the splendid Holy Cross Basilica and the adjoining Cistercian cloister, which dates way, way back to 1266. This is the Cistercian Monastery and famous for its morbidly miraculous cross. It is also recognized as among the most important religious buildings in Małopolska. At about 18:00, have traditional Polish cuisine for your selective palate while looking at traditional wooden architecture. A Polish highlander experience. Enjoy a beautiful classical music concert (1-hour) in a 400-year-old church at 20:00. Have traditional Polish cuisine for your selective palate while looking at the traditional wooden architecture. After the concert, you will be taken back to your hotel.
- All transport in a high quality private air-conditioned car/ minivan
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Driver/ guide
- A Collection of Polish Traditional Dishes
- Classical music concert tickets
- All entrance fees and local taxes mentioned above
- Drinks with dinner
- Gratuities to driver
- Mass offering
Prepare for the activity
You might also like...
Product ID: 105188