From Krakow: In the Footsteps of John Paul II
- Follow in the footsteps of John Paul II
- Visit Wadowice, the pope's childhood home
- Visit the Sanctuary in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, included on the UNESCO World Heritage List
- Stop at the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy in Lagiewniki
On the way to Wadowice, "the place where it all began", you will visit the Sanctuary in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, included on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1999.
In Wadowice, the pope's hometown, you will see the places dearest to Karol Wojtyła during his childhood and adolescence, including the parish church where he was baptized and the house where he was born, which is now a museum.
Finally, visit the Archbishop's Palace which was Wojtyła's last residence before leaving for the Vatican in 1978. There one can see the famous "papal window", where John Paul II used to show up to chat and chant with the youth of Kraków during all his visits and where thousands of people lit candles and prayed during his last days.
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up from selected hotels
- Entrance to museums
- Optional gratuity
- food and drinks, unless specified
Prepare for the activity
The central meeting point in Krakow is located at the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, situated on the opposite side of the Sheraton Grand Hotel. Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled time of departure. If you are interested in complementary hotel pickup please make sure to contact the supplier no later than 24hours prior to your tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately.
• Infants must sit on an adult's lap.