From Krakow: Czestochowa - The Black Madonna
- Enjoy a day trip to Pieskowa Skala Castle and Czestochowa from Krakow
- See the famous 'Black Madonna' painting at Jasna Gora in Czestochowa
- Stop in Pieskowa Skala to admire a 16th-century castle
- Travel along the historic Trail of the Eagles' Nests
After arriving at the monastery, we will visit the chapel of the miraculous painting of the Black Madonna, which is the embodiment of the attachment to the Cult of Mary so typical of the Catholic faith in Poland. Next we visit the Basilica, which is the main church of the monastery.
You can also visit the 600th-Anniversary Museum and the Treasury on your own, if you wish, or attend Mass while others on the tour have a break for lunch and a visit to a souvenir shop.
On the way back we alter our route slightly to admire the most spectacular limestone rock formations typical of the Kraków-Częstochowa Uplands. This allows us to visit the only remaining castle of the so called Eagle Nest Trail at Pieskowa Skała.
- Licensed tour guide
- Entrance tickets
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink (unless specified)
Prepare for the activity
The central meeting point in Krakow is located at the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, situated on the opposite side of the Sheraton Grand Hotel. Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled time of departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• If you are interested in complementary hotel pickup, please make sure to contact the local partner no later than 24 hours prior to your tour
• If you do not require hotel pickup, or your hotel cannot be serviced, you must make your own way to the main tour departure point (the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel)