From Krakow: Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum & Camp Guided Tour
Pickup optionalThe exact pickup time and location will be confirmed by email or SMS the day before the activity takes place. The pickup time may vary slightly from the one listed.
- Visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau complex, the largest of the Nazi concentration camps
- Learn about the Holocaust from knowledgeable, English-speaking guides and staff
- Tour the permanent exhibitions and buildings at the Auschwitz I-Main Camp and the most important original camp buildings in Auschwitz II-Birkenau
Auschwitz I (guided tour)
Auschwitz II-Birkenau (guided tour)
The concentration camp at Auschwitz-Birkenau was built in 1940 and was the largest camp operated by the Nazis. Before the liberation of Auschwitz on 27 January 1945, the SS attempted to destroy the camp and burn the archives. Not everything was destroyed, however, and the Polish government restored Auschwitz–Birkenau as a moving memorial to the victims.
During your visit, after entering through the main entrance gate to the camp you see original camp buildings in the main part of the complex. You also visit the museum with its permanent exhibition, an opportunity to learn about the real stories of prisoners as you view their everyday objects and personal belongings. Finally visit the most important sites at Birkenau, the extermination camp, where you see gas chambers and crematories.
The duration of your visit to Auschwitz I is up to two hours and the visit to Auschwitz II is up to one hour. There are three breaks during the tour: the first being 10-20 minutes after arriving from Krakow, depending on traffic conditions. The second break comes before going to Auschwitz II, Birkenau Camp and is 10-15 minutes long. You'll have one more 10 to 20-minute break before heading back to Krakow.
- Round-trip transportation from Krakow
- Entrance tickets to Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Tour and guide service of the most important sites of Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Headsets at the museum for adult and student tickets
- Food and drinks
- Headsets at the museum for child and infant tickets
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless private option is selected)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Luggage or large bags
- Sleeveless shirts
• Entry may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
• If you select the pickup option, please include the name and address. The supplier will get in touch with you regarding the exact time and place of the pickup
• Departure time and point depend on the option selected and might differ slightly from the time listed. The exact pick up time will be confirmed up to 1 day prior to the tour date
• The guided tour of Auschwitz Birkenau State Museum is approximately 3.5-hours