Knysna Close Encounter Whale Watching Tour
- See the the captivating and diverse natural landscape of the Knysna estuary
- Sail past the rugged and iconic Knysna Heads, a unique pair of sandstone cliffs
- Catch sightings of humpback and southern right whales
- See the abundance of marine life on the Indian Ocean - dolphins, seals, penguins, and more
Every year, both the southern right and humpback whales leave their icy feeding grounds off Antarctica and migrate to mate and calve in the warmer waters of the Southern African coastline - this makes Knysna one of the best whale-watching destinations in the country.
The tour will be narrated by an experienced skipper and guide who will share with you fascinating information about the lives of these whales. Your adventure will also be assisted by an experienced whale spotter who is in radio contact with all skippers, so you can be directed to any sightings. Keep your eyes peeled for other marine life as well - you may even spot a dolphin or a penguin or two!
- Life jacket
- Mineral water
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
- Sun hat
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Food and drinks
No food is allowed on this trip.