Johannesburg: 5-Day Classic Kruger National Park Safari
Pickup optionalPickup from your Johannesburg hotel.
- Enjoy an exciting 3-hour sunset drive and a sunrise drive on Balule Big Five Reserve
- Feast on a magical bush barbecue under the stars at Marula Tree Boma deep in the African bush
- Take a thrilling 4-hour bushwalk with armed rangers
- Delight in a full-day game drive in the famous Kruger National Park
- Visit Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre and enjoy up-close encounters with orphaned and injured animals
Get picked up at your hotel in Johannesburg or at the airport, then travel via the Highveld grasslands to the subtropical Lowveld. Upon arrival at Tremisana Game Lodge in the Balule section of the Kruger National Park, unwind at the bar, enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool, and relax in the beautiful tropical gardens.
Later, board an open Land Cruiser for a 3-hour sunset drive and enjoy your first experience of the varied fauna and flora of Africa. Watch the magnificent African sunset and, after dark, use spotlights to locate nocturnal animals. Tuck into a bush braai (barbecue) for dinner in the Marula Tree Boma, then continue the night drive before staying overnight at Tremisana Lodge.
Drive to the mighty Olifants River at sunrise to take an exhilarating 4-hour bushwalk. Your rangers will lead you through the bush at a pace you can handle and the thrill of following big animals will remain with you forever. Adrenalin surges will be acute, but rest assured that your rangers are adequately armed.
After your walk, return to Tremisana for brunch. Later, catch up on some sleep in your air-conditioned chalet, swim, or read wildlife magazines in the Lapa Lounge, where lunch will be served at 1:30 PM. At 3:30 PM, set off on a 4-hour game drive. The rangers are in constant contact so as to be informed of the movements of the animals. Return to Tremisana at 7:30 PM.
Drive to the Orpen Gate of Kruger on a custom-built, open-sided game viewing vehicle for a full-day game drive. Enjoy the chance to see the wildlife without intervening glass windows, and listen to and smell the denizens of the bush. Make regular stops at picnic spots, rest camps, and places of interest. The Orpen-Satara-Nwanedzi region's open plains attract large herds of zebra, giraffe, and antelope that, in turn, attract many predators. In fact, this zone has the highest concentration of lions in Africa.
Today, take a tour of the Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre for injured and orphaned animals and birds. Get up close and personal to some of the residents, including lions and leopards. After lunch, travel to Tshukudu Game Lodge for a 3-hour game drive in this enclosed reserve where the chances of finding the Big Five are very high.
On your final day, enjoy a sunrise drive. After breakfast, drive via the Panorama Route to marvel at scenic splendors, including the Three Rondawels and the Blyde River Canyon. Return to your original starting point late in the afternoon.
- All entrance fees, conservation fees, and taxes
- All breakfasts and dinners and some lunches
- All game drives and bush walks
- Pickup and drop-off at Tambo International Airport or any Johannesburg hotel (depending on option selected)
- Free Wifi
- Lunches on transfer days and the full day in Kruger (stops are made at restaurants where lunch can be purchased)
- Drinks (the lodge runs a cash bar)
- Items of a personal nature
- International and domestic flights
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please make your way to the Domestic Arrivals section on the ground floor of O. R. Tambo Airport. Walk outside to the tarmac road, then walk past all 3 domestic arrival entrances until you arrive at column lower 21. It is situated in front of the permit control office. One of the local partner's drivers will come to collect you between 9:15 AM–9:30 AM. The driver will be in his vehicle so keep a look out on the road section. The vehicle will most probably have the local partner's name written on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Drop-offs at the airport are by 5 PM on the last day. Again, allowance needs to be made for check-in and boarding. Please bear this in mind when booking flights.
• It is recommended to book accommodation either in Johannesburg, at O R Tambo Airport, or in Sandton City.
• Lunches on transfer days and days spent in Kruger Park, drinks, and items of a personal nature are not included in the package. Stops are made during the transfer days for lunches. During game drives in Kruger Park, stops are made at rest camps for lunch.