From Jerusalem: Masada & Dead Sea Full Day Tour with Pick Up
Pickup includedPick up from your hotel. If you need to be picked up from elsewhere (like an airbnb), the local operator will send you details of the closest pick-up point.
- Enjoy a full-day tour to Masada and the Dead Sea from Jerusalem
- Float in the salt rich water of the Dead Sea
- Ascend to the top of Masada by cable car
- Visit the magnificent King Herod fortress at Masada
- Get a roadside view of The Good Samaritan, the symbol of the parable of Jesus and the Good Samaritan
- See the caves where the Dead Sea scrolls were discovered
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Dead Sea and Rift Valley
Perched on a high plateau, the ancient fortified palace of Masada became a refuge for zealots who took a stand against the Romans, until the mass suicide of the zealots in 73 AD.
The ruins sit precariously on a plateau some 1,300 feet above sea level and measure 2,000-foot long by 1,000-foot wide. They boast extraordinary views of the Dead Sea and the Judean Desert. It is an exhausting climb, but you will ascend by cable car to make life easier!
Explore the fortress built by King Herod in around 37 BC. Visit the remains of the palaces and see mosaic floors, Roman baths and other findings. Masada was also home to the oldest synagogue in Israel, but one of the most remarkable features are the 12 water cisterns, each with a capacity of up to 140,000 cubic feet.
Following the tour of Masada, you will drive to the Dead Sea Mineral Beach. Located in the Jordan Rift Valley, between Jordan and the West Bank, it is the lowest place on earth and its high density of salt makes for a unique experience as you float on the beautiful aquamarine surface. Take a mud-bath and benefit from the therapeutic qualities of the natural Dead Sea mud.
You will then drive back to Jerusalem, with an en route view of the Qumeran cave, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
- Entry fees to the Dead Sea
- Round-trip cable car and entry fees to Masada
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Food and Drinks
- Tips (recommended)
- Children under 4 years
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• Tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4