From Vancouver: Rocky Mountains 8-Day Tour
Pickup included• HI Vancouver Jericho: 7:30 AM • HI Vancouver Downtown: 7:50 AM • Cambie Seymour Hostel: 8:00 AM • HI Vancouver Central: 8:10 AM • Samesun Vancouver: 8:10 AM
- Explore Western Canada's wilderness
- Tour through Banff, Jasper, and Yoho National Parks
- Visit Rocky Mountain landmarks such as Lake Louise and Moraine Lake
- Travel the Icefields Parkway between Lake Louise and Jasper
- See majestic waterfalls including Bridal Veil Falls and Athabasca Falls
The first stop of your adventure is at Bridal Veil Falls, followed by a visit to the town of Hope. Next, the tour continues to the Okanagan for paddle boarding (included). Then, it’s onto Kelowna for dinner.
Day 2: Kelowna to Banff
Heading East, the first stop is in Revelstoke, where you’ll have the option to go lake kayaking. Then, it's on to the Rocky Mountains, Alberta, and Banff National Park.
Day 3: Banff to Rampart Creek
The day begins with visits to Moraine Lake (depending on the season) and Lake Louise. On the Icefields Parkway, stops include Crowfoot Glacier, Bow Lake, and Mistaya Canyon, before arriving at a wilderness hostel at Rampart Creek. Relax in a wood-burning sauna, and enjoy a campfire under the stars.
Day 4: Rampart Creek to Jasper
It's all about Jasper National Park today, with a stop at the powerful and picturesque Athabasca Falls. Then, on to Maligne Canyon for a scenic hike, before rolling into the Jasper township.
Day 5: Jasper to Banff
Heading back south, the main attraction today is the Columbia Icefield, the largest Icefield in the Rocky Mountains. You’ll have the chance to get up close to the Athabasca Glacier, either on a hike to the toe of the glacier or onboard a massive ice explorer vehicle. After an included dinner, enjoy the great nightlife or relax at the Banff Upper Hot Springs.
Day 6: Banff Free Day
On your free day, enjoy the sights in the Banff area, hike a local mountain or, for an optional extra cost, go whitewater rafting, canoeing, or mountain biking.
Day 7: Banff to Kelowna
Before leaving the Rockies, the tour stops at Takakkaw Falls (depending on the season), Emerald Lake and the Natural Bridge. Then, it’s back to Kelowna for the night.
Day 8: Kelowna to Vancouver
Explore the Othello Tunnels outside Hope before returning to Vancouver.
- 7 nights mixed gender, hostel dormitory-style accommodation
- Transportation by bus
- Services of a professional tour guide/driver
- Paddleboarding on Skaha Lake
- 2 group dinners
- 4 breakfasts (at the Samesun hostels)
- National Park fees
- Meals other than those indicated under 'what's included'
- Optional activities
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• Minimum numbers apply for this tour to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough customers to meet requirements
• In the event of cancellation due to the minimum numbers not being met, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund
• This tour is designed for 18 to 39 year-olds
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• This tour is not recommended for participants with limited mobility