Jasper National Park: Sunwapta River White Water Rafting
- Spectacular mountain views await you
- Practice your paddling skills on the float
- Enjoy soaring through Grade 3 rafting
- Beginners and experienced rafters can prepare to get wet!!
The Sunwapta is the only grade 3 whitewater offered in Jasper National Park. The river is glacial fed and as long as the weather is warm we can have great water up until closing.
The river trip itself begins with a float where crews can practice their paddling technique before the show begins. Once the rapids start they just build and build until the Whopper soaks everyone just before the take out. Once the rapids start it is still important to look at the 360 degree Mountain Views. The river follows the jagged ridge of the Endless Chain. All trips are in 8 person-guided rafts.
- Experienced river guide
- All necessary river equipment
- Transportation from Jasper (if option selected)
- Transportation from Jasper (if option not selected)
- Children under 12 years
Prepare for the activity
Your tour departs from Jasper, just across the railway tracks on Hazel Ave. Or you can choose to self-drive and meet us at the put in which is located approximately 50 km south of Jasper.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• A self-drive option is available as an alternative to a town pickup so please contact the office if interested