Topkapi Palace and Grand Bazaar for Cruise Ship Visitors
- Make the most of your time in Istanbul with an expert guide and skip-the-line tickets
- See how the Ottoman Sultans lived in a guided tour of Topkapi Palace
- Wander through a maze of artisan shops in the Grand Bazaar
- Admire the Bosphorus from Topkapi Palace
- Stroll through Istanbul's bustling Sultanahmet neighborhood
Continue your journey to Topkapi Palace and avoid long lines with priority admission tickets. Walk the palace grounds, gardens, and courtyards and appreciate the glory and opulence of the Ottoman Empire. See the Holy Relics, Imperial Kitchens, Royal Court, and the terraced gardens with tulips. Climb to the high terrace to admire the view over the Golden Horn.
Afterward, make your way through the old town to the Grand Bazaar. Explore the ever-changing maze of stalls and chat with the local craftsmen in this covered market that dates back to the 15th century. Go beyond the standard carpet showrooms and discover vintage and rare pieces. Learn the art of haggling and practice getting the right price with a local vendor. If you're lucky, you may even catch a glimpse of the money market, a dark passage where illegal but tolerated currently trading takes place between vendors.
Enjoy a tea overlooking the bazaar and get some additional tips from the guide. At the end of the tour, choose to spend some free time in the bazaar or follow the guide back to the port.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour (maximum 12 people) or a private walking tour (depending on option chosen)
- Skip-the-line tickets for Topkapi Palace
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
All cruise ship passengers will be met at the dock. Please leave the terminal and make your way to the exit. Your guide will have a sign that says "Walks in Istanbul". You must advise the local partner of your ship details so pickup can be organized.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• For private tours, please also provide your preferred starting time and the local partner will contact you by email for confirmation
• On Sundays, the visit to Grand Bazaar is replaced with a visit to Spice Market