Istanbul Old City Full-Day Tour
Pick-up serviceWe offer free transfer service from Europe side and from City center hotels only. Hotel location must be; Sultanahmet-Laleli-Topkapı-Aksaray-Taksim-Sirkeci and Şişli Area.
- See one of the world's great architectural masterpieces at the Hagia Sophia
- Wander the stores of the Grand Bazaar
- Admire the blue Iznik tiles of the Blue Mosque
- Discover the 5 tombs of the Ottoman Sultans: Sultans Tombs
- Go to the imperial residence of the former sultans
- Visit the site of ancient chariot races at the Roman Hippodrome
Marvel at the last remaining monuments at the complex, including the Obelisk from Egypt and the Serpentine Column from Delphi. Next, go to the Church of St. Sophia, also known as the “Church of Holy Wisdom,” and “Hagia Sophia.” One of the world's architectural masterpieces, the former church and mosque is now a museum of artifacts from Byzantium.
Continue to the Blue Mosque to see the city’s icon up close. Famed for its stunning Iznik tiles, the building’s graceful minarets can be seen from many points in the city. Next, explore the narrow lanes of the Grand Bazaar, the oldest and largest covered market in the world. Discover decorative jewelry, leather work, souvenirs and carpets in more than 4.000 shops.
Your next stop will be Topkapi Palace, former residence of the Ottoman sultans, now home to an exquisite collection of crystal, silverware, and Chinese porcelain, as well as robes worn by the sultans, and the jewels of the Imperial Treasury.
Then, head to Sultans Tombs. Made up of 5 tombs of the Ottoman Sultans, within the graveyard at St. Sophia, these ceramic panels are the most beautiful examples of the 16th century with purple, green, blue and red flower motives. The prince's robes and a small piece from the Kaaba covers are displayed on the sarcophaguses. Please note, Sultans Tombs are closed on Monday and will be replaced with a visit to the Little Hagia Sophia Mosque.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (from European side or city center)
- Transfers by non smoking air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary
- Licensed guide
- Local taxes and service charges
- Drinks at lunch
- Tips and personal expenses
When you get there
• Please note that the Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays and will be replaced with the 2 Continents Tour
• Please note that the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays
• Please note that the Treasury and Harem at Topkapi Palace are not included in the program due to extra entrance fees
• Please note that the Blue Mosque will be closed to visitors between March 1 2018 and May 15 2018 due to renovations. During this time there will be no interior visit to the mosque, you will see it from the outside with your guide