From Kusadasi: Istanbul Day Trip with Flight, Tour & Meal
Pickup includedAll hotels in the city of Izmir
- Discover Istanbul in 1 day on a guided tour of the landmarks
- Visit the outstanding Hagia Sophia and walk through the old town
- Marvel at the grandeur of Topkapi Palace and get lost in the authentic Grand Bazaar
- Enjoy a cruise along the Bosphorus and lunch at a traditional restaurant
Begin your full-day tour at the Hippodrome which was once the site of chariot races during the Roman and Byzantine era. See the ancient monuments which stand here to this day, such as the Obelisk of the Theodosius, the Serpentine Column, and the Column of Constantine. Continue to the Blue Mosque. Famous for its beautiful courtyard and impressive minarets, the mosque gets its nickname from the splendid blue tiles that cover its interior walls and is probably the most photographed site in Istanbul. The tour continues with a visit to Topkapi Palace, home to the Sultans of the Ottoman Empire. Today Topkapi Palace is a spectacular museum which houses the Muslim world’s holiest relics, including the cloak and sword of the Prophet Mohammed.
After a short break for lunch, the next venue is the Hagia Sophia, one of the worlds architectural gems. An ancient basilica dating back to the 4th century, the Hagia Sophia stood as the Cathedral of Constantinople for over a thousand years before being converted into a mosque in 1453; today it serves as a museum attracting people from all over the world. Istanbul's famous Grand Bazaar, the largest and the oldest covered marketplace in the world, where you may find all kind of gifts, leather, clothing, rugs, antiques, and jewelry in an authentic Oriental atmosphere.
After exploring the historical peninsula, join a cruise along the Bosphorus strait between Europe and Asia gazing at famous palaces, waterfront houses, and mosques. At the end of the tour, you will be transferred to Istanbul airport for the evening flight to Izmir and from there you will be driven to your hotel in Izmir or Kusadasi.
- Hotel pick up and drop-off from Kusadasi or Izmir
- Round-trip flight tickets to Istanbul
- Entrance fees to museums and sites visited
- Lunch at a restaurant
- Professional licensed tour guide
- Personal expenses
- Tips (optional, usually 15%)
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Oversize luggage
• This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
• You must remove your shoes in the temples and places of worship
• In Istanbul, the historical peninsula tour will be a walking tour