Nha Rong Port: Cu Chi Tunnels & Ho Chi Minh City Highlights
- Crawl through the fascinating underground bunkers
- Visit a local family home
- Experience a rubber tapping facility
- See all of Ho Chi Minh City's highlights
After the tunnels, you will head off the beaten track to a nearby household to get a taste for a local and more traditional, way of life. The homeowner is a very friendly woman who welcomes Maika travelers to her home to show them a slice of the real Vietnam. You can watch as she makes rice paper, and even try the technique for yourself. Vietnam is the third biggest producer of natural rubber in the world, and this stop also allows you the emblematic experience of witnessing the removal of latex from inside a rubber tree. After the local family visit, you will drive to Ho Chi Minh City for a tasty and simple lunch, such as a famous Pho or Banh Mi.
Next on your agenda will be the War Remnants Museum. This museum is a powerful reminder of the horrors of war and the impact it can have on an entire nation. You will have access to unique footage of the war from a different perspective, being able to discover the turbulence and destruction the Vietnamese suffered and subsequently overcame. Although some scenes are upsetting, this museum offers a fantastic insight into the perseverance and determination of the Vietnamese. You will be guaranteed to leave with a newfound appreciation of this stunning and storied country.
After the war museum, you will embark on a city tour. The French colonial architecture in Ho Chi Minh is a powerful reminder of the turbulent history of this beautiful country. You can follow your English-speaking guide and explore stunning landmarks such as the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the General Post Office, the Opera House, City Hall, and the former CIA Headquarters building. Following this city tour, you will be comfortable returned to your ship terminal, marking the end of your tour.
- All entrance fees
- All taxes
- Fully air-conditioned vehicle
- Unlimited bottles of water
- English-speaking guide
- Lunch (please advise in advance over any dietary requirements)
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
• Please ensure you dress respectfully, with knees and shoulders covered at all times
• All private tours are approximately 8 hours or longer depending on time constraints. At the end of the private tour, the local supplier always makes sure that you return on time to board the cruise ship.
You might also like...
Product ID: 186843