Remote Fraser Island Tour from Hervey Bay
- Travel to the western side of Fraser Island by exclusive amphibious vehicle
- Paddle a kayak in the crystal-clear waters of Awinya or Bowarrady Creek
- Hike over sand dunes and take in the spectacular views
An amphibious watercraft will take you to the western side of World Heritage-listed Fraser Island, driving right onto the beach to ensure you remain dry and comfortable.
Enjoy the crystal clear waters of Wathumba Creek on a range of activities including snorkeling with turtles, kayaking, tubing, beach walks or a sand dune climb.
Following a delicious lunch served on the boat, the tour continues to Awinya or Bowarrady Creek. Enjoy the diverse natural surroundings and a variety of water activities.
From mid-July to the end of October each year, be on the look out for humpback whales and experience the thrill of getting up close and personal with these majestic creatures as they enjoy the calm clear waters off Fraser Island. If conditions are ideal, guests will have the opportunity to experience a humpback whale immersion.
The friendly and experienced staff will provide expert commentary throughout the tour as well as serving afternoon tea: antipasti platter including cheese, cabana, crackers, pickled onions and dip.
The tour concludes with a relaxing cruise back to the Hervey Bay Marina.
- Free transfers to and from your Hervey Bay accommodation
- Guaranteed Humpback whale sightseeing from mid July to the end of October each year
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Buffet lunch
- Guided walks
- Expert commentary
- Beach activities
- Free water sports including tube rides
- Kayaks and snorkeling equipment