Helsinki Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing and Suomenlinna
Pickup includedThe pick up will be from 9:30 AM – 10:00 AM. You will be picked up before you arrive in Helsinki. Please be at the meeting point at the agreed time. Your guide will be holding an A4 sign with the local operators logo.
- Learn about the eventful history of the Suomenlinna sea fortress on a walking tour
- See the main monuments and cultural landmarks of Helsinki
- Take souvenir photos of the Sibelius Monument and Senate Square
- Pause in a local café and get some time to shop if you wish
Then it's time to set off to discover some of the city's most important cultural landmarks and historical monuments. See the Olympic Stadium and Sibelius Monument, take a turn around Esplanade Park and visit the Market Square and Old Market Hall. Complete your cultural tour by seeing the Uspenski Orthodox Cathedral and Senate Square.
Your professional guide will share the city's stories along the way, with plenty of stops for photographs. Then, from Helsinki's Market Square, continue by ferry to Suomenlinna, listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the world's largest sea fortresses that sprawls across a series of six small islands. During your walking tour, learn about the site's eventful history and see some of Suomenlinna's main attractions, such as the King's Gate, the Jetty Barracks, the Great Courtyard and Suomenlinna Church.
After your tour, you will be taken back to Helsinki Market Square to continue your adventure.
- Experienced local guide
- Pick-up from Helsinki harbor
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Round-trip ferry to Suomenlinna
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Oversize luggage
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Minimum numbers of two participants apply
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In such an event, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Please note that this tour operates in all weather conditions, so dress appropriately