Alpujarra Experience: Historical Mountain Villages
Pickup includedYour hotel in Granada
- Visit Spain's highest mountain villages
- Discover the traditional lifestyles of villagers
- See the white houses of the Mozarabic style
- Enjoy a traditional "Alpujarreño" dish
La Alpujarra is an extensive valley running across the southern foothills of the Sierra Nevada and the mountains of the Contraviesa Lújar, the Mediterranean coast and the Sierra de Gador. White buildings pepper the rugged terrain, matching the snow-capped peaks down amid the lush foliage.
The first stop is the 19th-century seaside resort of Lanjarón, where you'll follow the flowing waters to Orgiva, the crossroads of the region and capital of La Alpujarra. From here continue through the magical towns of Caratuñas, Pampaneira, Pitres and Trevélez, the highest village in Spain, famous for its exquisite Iberian hams.
Via Bubión, you'll arrive in Capileira, the picturesque, white village where you'll enjoy the splendid views while dining on a relaxed Alpujarreño – the traditional lunch of the region.
- Pickup from central Granada hotels
- Local guide
- Traditional lunch and drink