Toruń: Full-Day Tour of the City of Copernicus
Pickup includedPickup from hotels in Gdansk, Sopot, and Gdynia
- Explore the famous Gothic architecture of Toruń
- Wander down intact medieval streets
- Taste gingerbread baked to a 16th-century recipe
- Visit the home where astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus was born
Upon arrival, a guide will meet you to lead you through the Old Town, starting with the Leaning Tower, part of the city’s medieval walls. Left undamaged by World War II, the Old Town of Toruń was inscribed by UNESCO in 1997 for its largely intact medieval street plan and outstanding buildings.
You will also explore the adjacent New Town, founded in 1264 and amalgamated into the Hanseatic League 12 years later. Admire the red-brick merchant houses and Gothic spires of churches, such as the late Gothic Church of St. James. Go to the ruins of the Castle of the Teutonic Order, destroyed by the town’s residents in 1454.
Step into the house where Nicolaus Copernicus was born, and learn about his life and work in astronomy, continued at the Planetarium. Finally, sample some of Toruń’s famous gingerbread, baked according to a 16th-century recipe.
- Guide in Toruń
- Private transport
- Entrance tickets to St John Cathedral
- Entrance fees
Prepare for the activity
• Pick-up is available from hotels in Gdansk, Sopot, and Gdynia